Welcome to the website for Craobhacha Rince Náisiúnta na hÉireann (The Irish Nationals).
The Irish Nationals will take place in City West Conference Centre on 13th, 14th & 15th May, 2016.
This is our 5th year and the previous years were a huge success and we look forward to seeing all teachers, parents & dancers again this year so we can repeat that success.
The website will be updated regularly so add us to your your favourites by clicking here.
Syllabus for 2016 is now available to download.
There are a number of changes to the syllabus for which the Irish Nationals committee hope will further enhance the event. The main changes are as follows:
- This year, the event will be held in City West Conference Centre (including ‘The Arena) over three days from Friday 13th to Sunday 15th May, 2016.
- Teachers’ booking for accommodation opens at 9 am on Monday 15th February, 2016.
- General Bookings open 9 am on Monday 22nd February, 2016. A 25% booking deposit will be required.
- This year general bookings can be made online, via email or by phone.
- Three Halls will be available to us, all in the same building:
- The Arena, (2 Stages), Sycamore Suite & Lakes Suite.
- All dancers in 7-8 & 8-9 age groups will perform Heavy Jig, Reel & Traditional St. Patricks Day.
- The first two dances in each solo championship from 9-10 upwards, will be same as those required at Oireachtas Rince na Cruinne 2017, as per passed by an Coimisiun in 2014, in respect of all Primary, Secondary & International qualifying events.
- In Championships from 9-10 upwards, there will be a 50% recall, (depending on entry) but up to a maximum of 60 recalls (provided that these dancers have acquired points in the first two rounds); i.e. the number of recalls in the larger age groups will increase by 20%, as in previous years the maximum recall was 50.
- The website for entries (feisentry.com) will be open to accept entries from registered teachers only from 1st March, 2016.
- Closing date for entries will be 18th March, 2016.
- Advertisements must be received by 8th April, 2016.
- Each solo championship will be judged by a panel of nine adjudicators, i.e. three adjudicators on each round.
- There will be Irish Language Competitions again and Perpetual Cups will be presented to the winners in the Under 11, 11-13, 13-16 & Over 16 age groups. However, there will be an additional perpetual cup presented, in memory of Éilis Nic Shim-Uí Dhálaigh, to the best overall competitor who neither attends a Gaelscoil nor resides in the Gaeltacht.
- Spray tanning is strictly prohibited in all locations on the premises.
- Also, the public bar area in the hotel must not be used for make-up purposes.