Welcome to the website for Craobhacha Rince Náisiúnta na hÉireann (The Irish Nationals).
This year, the event will again be held in City West Conference Centre (including ‘The Arena) over three days from Friday 23rdth to Sunday 25th June, 2017.
This is our 6th year and the previous years were a huge success and we look forward to seeing all teachers, parents & dancers again this year so we can repeat that success.
The website will be updated regularly so check back regularly.
- Teachers’ booking for accommodation opens at 9am on Friday 3rd February, 2017.
- General Bookings open 9am on Wednesday 8th February, 2017.
- A 25% booking deposit will be required for all bookings.
- All bookings can be made online (preferred method) via email or by phone.
- Three Halls will be available to us, all in the same building: The Arena, (2 Stages), Sycamore Suite & Lakes Suite.
- All dancers in 7-8 & 8-9 age groups will perform Heavy Jig, Reel & Traditional Set Dance.
- The first two dances in each solo championship from 9-10 upwards, will be same as those required at Oireachtas Rince na Cruinne 2018, as per passed by an Coimisiun in 2014, in respect of all Primary, Secondary & International qualifying events.
- In Championships from 9-10 upwards, there will be a 50% recall, (depending on entry) but up to a maximum of 60 recalls (provided that these dancers have acquired points in the first two rounds).
- The website for entries (feisentry.com) will be open to accept entries from registered teachers only from 1st April, 2017.
- Closing date for entries will be 15th April, 2017.
- Advertisements must be received by 1st May, 2017.
- Each solo championship will be judged by a panel of nine adjudicators, i.e. three adjudicators on each round.
- There will be Irish Language Competitions again and Perpetual Cups will be presented to the winners in the Under 11, 11-13, 13-16 & Over 16 age groups. However, there will be an additional perpetual cup presented, in memory of Éilis Nic Shim-Uí Dhálaigh, to the best overall competitor who neither attends a Gaelscoil nor resides in the Gaeltacht.
- Spray tanning is strictly prohibited in all locations on the premises.
- The public bar area in the hotel must not be used for make-up purposes.