Welcome to the website for Craobhacha Rince Náisiúnta na hÉireann (The Irish Nationals).
The Irish Nationals will take place in City West Conference Centre on 13th, 14th & 15th May, 2016.
This is our 5th year and the previous years were a huge success and we look forward to seeing all teachers, parents & dancers again this year so we can repeat that success.
The website will be updated regularly so check back regularly.
- Programmes, wristbands & competitor’s numbers (for Friday only) will be
available at the main entrance to the Conference Centre from 6pm to 9pm on
- In Hall A (The Arena) the front row is reserved for teachers only.
- In Hall B (Sycamore Suite), there will be a teachers only enclosure which will take
in the front 2 rows. These are strictly for registered teachers only.
- All perpetual cups won in 2015, must be returned (clean and in condition
ready to present) to Noreen Duggan rear of stage 2 in Hall A (The Arena)
by 12 noon on Friday 13th May, 2016. Engraving is to be done on 2 lines,
- 1st line: 2015 & Name of dancer, 2nd line: Name of school – please abbreviate Scoil Rince to S.R.
- Teachers Programmes & teachers wristbands can be collected in Hotel Lobby on Thursday from 7pm – 9pm. Thereafter, teachers programmes & wristbands will be available to be collected at the main entrance to the Conference Centre each day.
- Wristbands & competitor’s numbers for Saturday will be available 3pm – 5pm
on Friday and can be collected at the main entrance to the Conference
- Wristbands & competitor’s numbers for Sunday will be available 3pm – 5pm on
Saturday and can be collected at the main entrance to the Conference Centre.
- Doors will be open at 7.00 am on Friday and from 7.30 am on Saturday & Sunday.
- Any competitor’s numbers not collected the day before will be available for
collection sidestage prior to commencement of the competition.
- No I.D. cards are required for dancers.
- Admission is €10 per day or €25 for a weekend ticket.
- A reduced rate of €5 per day for OAPs and students.
- Marks packs will be available from ‘marks’ table at the main entrance to
the Conference Centre immediately following Results & Presentations.
Marks will also be available to purchase from 10am on Saturday & Sunday.
- The times for Irish Language Competions will be sent to all teachers who
have pupils competing these competitions.
- A practice area has been provided at the rear of The Arena – ground floor
of Conference Centre. Dancers are requested to respect other dancers using
the facility. No loud music will be permitted to be used in this area.
- All competitions will be in order as stated on timetable.
- In all championships, the heavy round will be danced first, as per syllabus.
- In championships 7-8 & 8-9, all dancers will perform all 3 rounds.
- Dancers in 7-8 & 8-9 age groups only will be required to dance 40 bars
in the first two rounds, as per the syllabus.
- In championships from 9-10 upwards, there will be a 50% recall for Set Dance, up to a maximum of 60 competitors. However, in all boys
championships and in girls championships from 17-18 upwards, there will be
no recall and all dancers will perform the Set Dance.
- Those dancers not recalled will be given an opportunity to compete in a
Priomh Comortas, where they will perform a Traditional Set Dance.
- All dancers must line up side stage before the commencement of Priomh Comortas so they can be sorted into Traditional Set Dance order.
- The draw for the judges will take place each day at 8.15 am in Hall A.
- There will be a rotating panel of 3 adjudicators on each round of each championship.
- There will be 5 adjudicators on Ceili & Figure Championships.
- The Vendors Village will be open for trading from 6pm – 8pm on Thursday,
but it will be closed strictly at 8pm.
- There will be a Second Hand Costume Room, ran by Isabella Fogarty in the
Carraig Suite, next door to Lakes Suite. No other second-hand dresses may
be put up for sale at the ‘Irish Nationals’. The opening times will be
Friday & Saturday: 8am – 6pm and on Sunday 8am – 5pm.
- List of vendors and further details on the second hand costume room will be given on this website, as soon as it is available.
- All mobile telephones must be switched off in the competition halls.
- All competitors must be in full costume including footwear for presentations.
- Coaching from the floor is strictly prohibited and may result in disqualification of dancers.
- There will be a first aid station in rear of The Arena (Ground Floor Conference Centre).
- The public bar area in the hotel must not be used for make-up purposes.
- Please note that alcohol, hot drinks or food will NOT be permitted into
any of the competition halls.