Welcome to the website for Craobhacha Rince Náisiúnta na hÉireann (The Irish Nationals).
The Irish Nationals will take place in City West Conference Centre on 22nd, 23rd & 24th June, 2018.
This is our 7th year and the previous years were a huge success and we look forward to seeing all teachers, parents & dancers again this year so we can repeat that success.
The website will be updated regularly so check back regularly.
Syllabus for 2018 is now available to download.
- This year, the event will again be held in City West Conference Centre (including ‘The Arena) over three days from Friday 22nd to Sunday 24th June, 2018.
- Teachers’ booking for accommodation opens at 9 am on Wednesday 1st March, 2018.
- General Bookings open 9 am on Wednesday 8th March, 2018.
- A 25% booking deposit will be required for all bookings.
- All bookings can be made online (preferred method) or by phone.
- Three Halls will be available to us, all in the same building:
The Arena, (3 Stages), Sycamore Suite (2 Stages) & Lakes Suite.
- The additional stages will hopefully lend to an earlier finish, in particular on Sunday.
- All dancers in 7-8 & 8-9 age groups will perform Heavy Jig, Reel & Traditional Set Dance.
- The first two dances in each solo championship from 9-10 upwards, will be same as those required at Oireachtas Rince na Cruinne 2019, as per passed by an Coimisiun in 2014, in respect of all Primary, Secondary & International qualifying events.
- In Championships from 9-10 upwards, there will be a 50% recall, (depending on entry) but up to a maximum of 60 recalls (provided that these dancers have acquired points in the first two rounds).
- The website for entries (feisentry.com) will be open to accept entries from registered teachers only from 9th April, 2018.
- Closing date for entries will be 23rd April, 2018.
- Advertisements must be received by 1st May, 2018.
- Teachers may also pay by bank transfer, but cheques will still be accepted.
- Each solo championship will be judged by a panel of nine adjudicators, i.e. three adjudicators on each round.
- Results will be made available to download on line for no extra charge.
- All perpetual cups won in 2017, must be returned (clean and in condition
ready to present) to Noreen Duggan rear of stage 3 in Hall A (The Arena)
by 12 noon on Friday 22nd June, 2018.
- Engraving is to be done on 2 lines, (not script) : 1st line: 2017 & Name of dancer,
2nd line: Name of school – please abbreviate Scoil Rince to S.R.
- There will be Irish Language Competitions again and Perpetual Cups will be presented to the winners in the Under 11, 11-13, 13-16 & Over 16 age groups. However, there will be an additional perpetual cup presented, in memory of Éilis Nic Shim-Uí Dhálaigh, to the best overall competitor who neither attends a Gaelscoil nor resides in the Gaeltacht.
- Spray tanning is strictly prohibited in all locations on the premises.
- The public bar area in the hotel must not be used for make-up purposes.