Welcome to the website for Craobhacha Rince Náisiúnta na hÉireann (The Irish Nationals).
The Irish Nationals will take place in City West Conference Centre on 21st, 22nd & 23rd June 2019.
This is our 8th year and the previous years were a huge success and we look forward to seeing all teachers, parents & dancers again this year so we can repeat that success.
Syllabus for 2019 is now available to download.
- This year, the event will again be held in City West Conference Centre (including ‘The Arena) over three days from Friday 21st to Sunday 23rd June, 2019.
- Teachers’ booking for accommodation opens at 9 am on Wednesday 11th February, 2019.
- General Bookings open 9 am on 25th February, 2019. -Block reference: INAT2019
- A 25% booking deposit will be required for all bookings.
- All bookings can be made online (preferred method) or by phone.
- B. Bookings made outside of the block cannot be transferred to the block.
- There will be 6 stages again in use again – all in The Convention Centre, 3 Downstairs in The Arena and2 Upstairs in The Sycamore Suite (this will be divided into separate halls for Set Dances) and 1 Upstairs in The Lakes Suite (same as in Previous Years).
- In order to utilise the stages more in the Arena and help reduce downtime there will be some changes to the syllabus & timetable from last year:
13 – 16 Ceili Championships & 13 – 16 Subsidiary Teams will be held on Saturday
18 – 19 Ladies & 20 – 22 Ladies Championships will be held on Sunday
- In 7-8 & 8-9 boys and girls championships, all dancers must perform Heavy Jig, Reel & St.Patrick’s Day, O’Keeffe version only, as at Oireachtas Rince na hEireann (see video on www.clrg.ie). The Molyneux Version of St. Patrick’s Day will not be permitted.
- The first two dances in each solo championship from 9-10 upwards, will be same as those required at Oireachtas Rince na Cruinne 2020, as per passed by an Coimisiun in 2014, in respect of all Primary, Secondary & International qualifying events.
- In Championships from 9-10 upwards, there will be a 50% recall, (depending on entry) but up to a maximum of 60 recalls (provided that these dancers have acquired points in the first two rounds).
- The website for entries (feisentry.com) will be open to accept entries
- from registered teachers only from 8th March, 2019
- Closing date for entries will be 5th April, 2019.
- The family fee will be automatically calculated when entering on line – therefore it will not be necessary to complete a separate entry form to avail of this
- In Priomh Chomortasai, (for non-recalled dancers ) dancers may perform any Traditional Set Dance, of their own choice, as in previous years.
- The dances required for Ceili Championships will be unchanged – Part A for Under 11 age group and either Part A or Part B for 11-13 upwards.
- Advertisements must be received by 1st May, 2019.
- Teachers may also pay by bank transfer, but cheques will still be accepted.
- Each solo championship will be judged by a panel of nine adjudicators, i.e. three adjudicators on each round.
- Results will be made available to download on line for no extra charge.
- All perpetual cups won in 2018, must be returned (clean and in condition
ready to present) to Noreen Duggan rear of stage 3 in Hall A (The Arena)
by 12 noon on Friday 21st June, 2019.
- Engraving is to be done on 2 lines, (not script) 1st line: 2018 & Name of dancer, 2nd line: Name of school – please abbreviate Scoil Rince to S.R.
- There will be Irish Language Competitions again and Perpetual Cups will be presented to the winners in the Under 11, 11-13, 13-16 & Over 16 age groups. However, there will be an additional perpetual cup presented, in memory of Éilis Nic Shim-Uí Dhálaigh, to the best overall competitor who neither attends a Gaelscoil nor resides in the Gaeltacht.
- Teachers are asked to encourage their pupils to enter Comortasai Gaeilge.
- Spray tanning is strictly prohibited in all locations on the premises.
- Also, the public bar area in the hotel must not be used for make-up purposes.